2nd GEOBENCH workshop – 23-24 October 2023 – Kraków
The wide variety of sensors and systems available on the market for collecting spatial data makes the evaluation of provided information, calibration of sensors and benchmarking of systems a critical task. It is also an important scientific issue for many professionals. In daily work, the assessment of algorithms and sensors for collecting and generating spatial data resources is a crucial issue for Academic institutions, Research centres, National Mapping and Cadastral Agencies and all professionals handling geospatial data.
The GEOBENCH workshop is therefore appropriate for those willing to extend their knowledge in the fields of photogrammetry and remote sensing and to present evaluations of algorithms and sensors in the sector as well as new benchmarks.
The workshop is a follow-up of the first successful event held in Warsaw (Poland) in 2019 and will be held in the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow, Poland on 23-24 October 2023.
- Testing and validation of passive/active sensors (camera, scanners, GNSS, etc.) and platforms (UAV, UGV, ROV, AUV, MMS, etc.)
- Benchmarking methods and algorithms (image matching, SLAM, PPP/RTK, MVS, point cloud classification, image segmentation, feature extraction, object detection, fusion, NeRF, etc.)
- Proposals for new benchmarks for mapping purposes in forestry, heritage, industry, agriculture, mining, AEC, etc.
- Geometric calibration of sensors and systems (optical sensors, LiDAR/SPL/GM, Radar, MMS, robotics, bathymetry, etc.)
- Radiometric calibration of sensors (RGB, thermal, multispectral and hyperspectral)
- Quantitative evaluations and analyses